Author Topic: A Great Stay And Lots Of News For Plaza Las Vegas  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
A Great Stay And Lots Of News For Plaza Las Vegas
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »
A Great Stay And Lots Of News For Plaza Las Vegas
I really enjoyed my fall trip there.

http://www.vegasbright.com/2016/11/14/a-great-stay-and-lots-of-news-for-plaza-las-vegas/

Offline thermonuclear

• Full Access Member
Re: A Great Stay And Lots Of News For Plaza Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
Really nice report. I love self-check-in kiosks, so that's good news.

Also, thanks for including the eye candy:

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
Ha ha ha...I wanted a picture of the hot tub but it was always full...so I had no choice.
It was this or nothing.
 Smile! Wave! LOL. :wavehello:

I have never used a self check in thingie. I "almost" did at Bally's this last trip but chickened out.  In May I am going to do it!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:29:15 PM by Blonde4ever »

Offline knagl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
Also, thanks for including the eye candy:

:rotf:

I have never used a self check in thingie. I "almost" did at Bally's this last trip but chickened out.  In May I am going to do it!

I'd be interested to hear if it lets you choose your choice of tower, high/low, etc.

I appreciated the article, Bonnie.  I still have a tough time getting motivated to go to the Plaza.  We did go for the LVA birthday promotion, and I had a decent time playing at the bar with good paytables, but I'm just not enthusiastic about going back there or staying there again, and I'm not entirely sure that I can put my finger on why.

Offline jstewa22

• Full Access Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »
Great post, Bonnie, thanks.  We used to stay at the Plaza, it was the second place we got established at, after MSS, that was around 2008.  It was run down but a cool old place, heavy 1970s nostalgia hidden among the decay (kind of like being an archaeologist).  We stayed through the renovation (had rooms at the LV Club a few times, talk about hard times!) and watched some of that re-decay.  Ultimately, they took out a lot of the decent games and tightened the CB (seems that there was a time that you could only use the CB/FP on slots) and we stopped going.  I'm hearing good things, though, maybe we'll get back there some time.
Jon
St Pete FL

Offline justmare

• Full Access Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:36 PM »
We went to the Plaza for the first time since 2004 August 26 of this year to take advantage of the free tickets for the Scintas that LVA was offering. We enjoyed the Scintas a couple of times back in 2004/2005, so I thought, why not? I used my 7 Stars card to upgrade to their Ace level card. We had a great time at the show and we played some VP before and after, doing $11k coin in.

In yesterday's mail, I got my first offer from them and it's the NYE offer. It comes with

dinner at Oscar's Steakhouse

Special NYE Scintas show

DJ, dancing and an encore performance by Frankie Scinta
includes champagne toast and party favors
Oscar's Steakhouse
11pm-2am

Live fireworks show at midnight

Says to call for your free slot play and hotel offer, so I did. It's $75 dining credit for the stay, 3 nights in a suite (likely won't get it because it's NYE), and $75 free play per day.

I have NYE offers from Cosmopolitan, each of the CET properties, Red Rock, Green Valley Ranch, Rampart, Tropicana, and Four Queens, but we may actually end up booking this Plaza offer just to check it out. I'm a bit room-spoiled, so I'm a little apprehensive, but with the Fountain Bleu furniture, it should be okay, right?
Mare
Westminster, CA

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
Hmmmm..I don't know, Mare.

I have stayed at the fancy places and the not so fancy places, and I am happy anywhere.
(As long as there are no bugs and it is clean and the plumbing works)

Obviously it does not compare to those higher end properties.
If you are room spoiled...you may not be happy???

Jstewa22...I love a place with history too.

Knagl....Hey...no explaining why different things appeal to different people.

Offline jstewa22

• Full Access Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »
I agree with Bonnie, Mare.  Haven't stayed at the Plaza for about five years and they clearly are trying harder, but the rooms absolutely don't compare to Cosmo or GVR.  Probably a bit better than Four Queens rooms, but that's not saying much; we're like Bonnie, happy enough with a basic clean room and friendly service.  Pretty poor service at the Plaza in the past, though, sometimes the housekeeper would miss the room, lots of elevators out of service, etc.  Again, it sounds like they're ironing those things out, but it's not going to be a premium property.  There was a time (early '70s) when the Plaza was one of the nicest places in town, it's still fun to look for artifacts of that era.
Jon
St Pete FL

Offline justmare

• Full Access Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the input, Bonnie and Jon. I'm not expecting anything close to Cosmo, but as long as it's better than Four Queens we should be okay. If the room is clean and the beds are comfortable I think that's all that will matter for this trip. I'm looking forward to something different.

We have a ton of Four Queens and Binion's comps to use, too, so three days downtown would give us a good opportunity to use some of them.

I booked it! :)
Mare
Westminster, CA

Offline jstewa22

• Full Access Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 04:09:44 AM »
The room should be nicer than Four Queens, and it does sound like they're keeping up with service and repairs better than they had a few years ago.  I bet you do get a suite, they have a lot of them and I'm sure they love your level of play.  Can't wait to hear about it!

Think about the chicken-fried lobster at Binions.
Jon
St Pete FL

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:21 AM »
Here are pictures of my room Mare.
We tipped the housekeeping every day and I think she LOVED me.
I get the impression that doesn't happen often there. She NEVER missed my room...lol. ;D

http://blonde4ever.yuku.com/topic/35282/master/1/#.

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
P.S. I would rate the room better than the 4 Queens too, but of course those are being renovated as we speak.
Plaza's rooms are very spacious...I like that.
Washrooms are a tad small...but no worse that MSS or Fremont.

Offline stungazed

• Full Access Member
    • Las Vegas by STUNGAZED
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
Ha ha ha...I wanted a picture of the hot tub but it was always full...so I had no choice.
It was this or nothing.
 Smile! Wave! LOL. :wavehello:

Don't do it! Remember that every time someone uses a self check in kiosk that means a HUMAN didn't check them in. If enough people use these things eventually there will be more of them than there are people. That means fewer jobs. Same goes for the self check outs at retail stores. Every time one of those gets used another employee lost hours.
James
stungazed-at-hotmail-dot-com
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/stungazed

Until the Christmas / Birthday Trip

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 11:00:49 PM »
You are right...I never use them in grocery stores. I was just trying to think of ways to avoid lineups. They get more painful as I age...lol.

Offline Blonde4ever

• Full Access Member
    • LasVegas4ever.com
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 12:05:39 AM »
And by the way, I am not paid for my opinion. I just state my experience good or bad. I receive no special treatment, my room is not a suite as you can see. No free meals in Oscars etc.  Just in case anyone was mistakenly thinking that.